The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (RIE) leads the Research, Innovation, and Enterprise (RIE) Division, which directs and manages research, innovation, and enterprise activities. The Research Development and Advisory Board serves as the main advisory board, with members drawn from across the university and industry.
The Dvc (RIE) is the executive in charge of research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Whose responsibilities include:
- Develop infrastructure for research Capacity development
- Enhancing the Directorate of research Visibility and Presence
- Institutionalize research ethics
- Foster an active research culture, encourage innovation and creativity among staff and students research
- Promote dissemination and exploitation of innovations and research findings