Welcome to the Directorate of Research.
The Directorate of research purpose is to support researchers at Zetech University to conduct quality research that is relevant and that meets societal needs and is competitive globally. Zetech *University has identified Research as one of the key focus areas that powers innovation, supports academic activities, generates revenue, and enhances relevance and visibility of the university not only in the country but also globally..
The director of research commits to build and maintain a healthy research culture, participate in high quality research and establish strong research collaborations globally. The Directorate’s main goal is to harness the potential of research through implementation of skills development activities and promoting best practices in grant writing and management, among other activities.
The Division of Research and Extension envisions to be a Centre of Excellence in Research, Extension and Consultancy Services, Documentation, Publication and Information Dissemination.
To achieve this, the Division shall partner and collaborate with stakeholders to mobilize resources and to generate and disseminate significant knowledge through holistic Research and innovations for national and global development.
All Research and Extension activities undertaken by the Division shall be guided by the core values of integrity, diligence and devotion to excellence. Towards this end, the Division shall review its quality performance and regularly Monitor and Evaluate its Research and Extension activities.
- To ensure that at least FIVE (5) research projects are funded through the Division annually.
- To facilitate at least FOUR (4) information sharing/research dissemination fora annually.
- To facilitate at least Three (3) Research and Extension capacity building activities annually.
- To improve University Extension and Outreach by undertaking at least three (3) community based projects annually.
- To increase collaborative partnerships by establishing at least Four (4) linkages with other academic, research institutions, industry and public agencies annually.
- To increase of number of publications in refereed journals 20 at least Twenty (50 ) annually
- To attract at least kshs 5000000 worth of research grants and raise non-academic revenue annually